Smart solutions: Wireless controls for human-centric lighting systems
Radio-controlled systems are becoming more and more important in facility management and smart home control applications. As a result, an increasing number of devices and control modules in the residential and office sectors will have to manage without wiring. LUMITECH has developed the world's first human-centric lighting system for professional applications that can be operated by radio control and in doing so has confirmed its role as a technology pioneer in the LED sector. Development of the new wireless controls was a further logical step towards extending PI-LED applications to create a holistic system. The data required for controlling the lighting can be transmitted via wall-mounted switches or an app, even over greater distances (up to 100m), and the actual system consumes very little energy. This makes installation and application easier than ever – a particular advantage for anyone wishing to retrofit their existing system or convert it into a modern biorhythmic lighting solution.
PI-LED: Vitalised, not just illuminated
With its development of PI LED technology, LUMITECH created a milestone on the way to biorhythmic lighting. PI LED technology allows highly-efficient LED illumination with good colour rendering which can be precisely adjusted anywhere along the Planck Curve. All white light tones between 2200 K (candlelight) and 8000 K (daylight in Northern regions) can be simulated accurately. In addition, various colour tones, including pastel tones, can be generated, thus creating an endless number of lighting moods. Operation is very easy and can be controlled via a keypad or a smart phone. In 2007, LUMITECH was awarded the Austrian State Prize for Innovation for development of PI LED technology.
• Colour temperature can be adjusted from 2,700K – 6,500K along the Planck Curve
• Can be controlled via 1-10V, DMX, Dali etc.
• Adjustment of specific colours e. g. for illuminating food displays (meat red, cheese yellow, fish blue)
• Adjustment of pastel tones
• Exceptional colour rendering CRI> 90
• Brightness can be dimmed according to individual needs from 10 – 100%
• Temperature compensation to ensure tight colour tolerances
• Low colour shifts
• High reliability and long service life
• High energy efficiency, from warm white to cold white: energy savings of up to 85% in comparison to halogen lamps